Re: [OM] Mechanical shutter on OM2S / OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] Mechanical shutter on OM2S / OM4
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:23:38 +0200
I don't know for sure. In fact, X-sync speed is always a bit _longer_ than
the curtain run time: this is about 11-12 ms on our OMs, whereas an
exposure of 1/60 needs 16.67 ms -- some flashes last up to 5 ms, so that
makes sense.

Maybe there's a simplified kind of governor for the mechanical back-up
shutter, in order to allow for that slight, fixed delay between full
opening of the first curtain and triggering of the second curtain run.

As a matter of fact, some cameras have mechanical speeds somewhat longer
than X-sync: the C*ntax RTS-II (X=1/60) does 1/50, and the N*kon F3
(X=1/80) does 1/60 mechanically.

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<cjsantis@xxxxxxxx>