[OM] future OM repairs

Subject: [OM] future OM repairs
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:05:34 EDT
William wrote:

snip
>The OM cameras were a conscious effort to create an SLR
>Leica. You'd think Olympus would have adopted Leica's policy (at that time)
>of servicing almost everything they ever made.

That was an ASSUMPTION I made when I bought into the system, based upon the
incredible level of service I observed the Japanese providing for tvs,
stereos, all manner of things electronic and photographic when I was in
Japan.  They were tearing into the product right on the counter in front of
the customer.  No waiting!  It was awesome.

As long as good techs like John, Clint, Ken, and others abound, I'm not going
to worry much about service.  Spare parts is another matter.  We may have to
get real creative and/or wait for cannibalized parts to show in some cases.
Some may never turn up.  For now, there isn't that much to worry about for so
much hand wringing, at least for the OM system, it seems.  Anybody ever try
to get parts from Japan, or while IN Japan, lately?

Rich