[OM] Ideal System Digicam

Subject: [OM] Ideal System Digicam
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:45:13 -0700
It occurs to me that there is a huge pool of people who are using old and fairly new manual focusing cameras who resist the move to all auto cameras because of the ease of control and familiarity of what they use. There are also, I think, a large pool of people who have made the move to auto everything because they thought it was progress and they hate it.

If a company like Nikon can continue to sell FMs why could they not build a manual focus digital camera with an easy to use metering system. It would be optimized for use like our beloved OM4Ti, not an autocam with manual option as an afterthought. Sort of an FM or OM4Ti with a digital imaging system instead of film. It could have interchangable screens and a large fixed LCD on the back for just viewing the recorded image perhaps with a gray scale at the bottom of it for reference. Seems like it would draw lots of new customers who would never buy an auto everything camera and provide lots of new sales for their line of manual focus lenses.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California