Re: [OM] customer relations

Subject: Re: [OM] customer relations
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:50:07 -0700
Sometimes the thought occurs to me that the OM system was an aberration at Olympus which is pretty much dedicated to producing disposable stuff. You know P&S cameras, micro cassette recorders, etc. A system camera is not supposed to be disposable, is it? I suppose that the force of the Maitani personality got the OM system produced in a company that is not geared to that sort of thing. On the other hand you have not been able to get parts or service for a Canon AE-1 at Canon for at least 10 years.I don't know about the lenses. Does anyone know whether you can get parts and service for old F1s and FMs at Nikon? Leica service of their old stuff used to be legendary, but I think that may have changed when they nearly went out of business. Maybe it is usual practice.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California