[OM] Re: ( OM ) Broken lensmount

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Broken lensmount
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:20:58 -0700
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brian Swale wrote:

> Mike; been there, done that. It's like slipping on ice - they fall so quickly.
>
> You had a lucky escape this time; next time may see a really crunched
> Zuiko, and how will you feel then about your back-up lens?.
>
> I say, take a break, or hire substitute gear; and courier it off for urgent
> repair.
> Chances are it's no big deal to repair the latch - but think about it - how
> would you repair the barrel or the front element?

I know, living dangerously and all... Actually, the lens is the least of
my worries since I carry the whole rig from the lens' handle. But, had
the 1.4XA (with that very vulnerable protruding front element) been
mounted between the 350 and the body this minor "incident" could have
been much worse. The problem is with the body (or body with converter)
coming adrift. The potential is there for a crunched Zuiko 1.4XA and/or
body/MD2 combo though. Needs to get fixed for sure...

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com