Re: [OM] more on videodisks

Subject: Re: [OM] more on videodisks
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:34:45 -0700
Ultimate TV and TIVO do what you want. There are costs and limitations. of course, but they do the job. Their systems for selecting and recording shows are far superior to VCR+. They use your phone line to download (in the middle of the night) upcoming program info, so they have a whole menu driven program guide available at all times. You pick what you want to record off the guide.

Playback is also far superior. Their menus know what you recorded, by name and when you recorded it and give intelligent, instant access to all recorded material. Waaay more convienient than VHS and better quality available too. You choose the tradeoff between picture quality and total recording time. I don't have any such system, but one son has one and the other son has the other, so I've seen them at work.

Moose

Tom Scales wrote:

Still doesn't solve my problem.  I can get the same drive in my PC.  I don't
want a PC burner, I want a recordable television accessory.