RE: [OM] Things to look forward to...

Subject: RE: [OM] Things to look forward to...
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:20:11 -0400
Yes I saw that on DPreview.  You know what has me concerned about digital?
I'll tell ya. Nobody permits you to upgrade firmware at home (except Kodak).
Out of warranty it can cost up to $200 by Nikon.  In addition, if you get a
stuck pixel, only Olympus has in-camera pixel mapping.  For the rest, you
send it in and if out of warranty PAFFFF!!!  another $200.  I cannot figure
this out.  For a $3000 (Canadian $) camera like the D100 I expect a bit
more.  I have posted my opinions on dpreview but D100 owners say they would
pay anyway.  In many ways digital is a big scam.

-Bill