Re: [OM] OM-2sp service question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2sp service question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 06:04:07 -0400
Mark said:
You could have a broken advance claw in the wind mechanism. Does the film advance lever feel "mushy". On a 2S/3/4 it's possible to crack the advance claw if the film advance lever is forced too hard. It usually still works once the claw breaks, but it doesn't feel right and the lever may not return all the way. Eventually it'll stop working alltogether.

Well, I certainly am suspicious of a broken or loose something but no,
the wind lever doesn't feel mushy. Both of the OM-2sp's have the same feel in the wind mechanism and neither feels substantially different from my OM-2n except I would call the OM-2n very slightly easier and smoother winding.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA