[OM] Failing meter?

Subject: [OM] Failing meter?
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:04:09 +0200
Yesterday evening during a small auroral outburst I noticed that the spotmeter in my OM-4T started to misbehave. The exposure times were all way too short, at least by a factor of 4-6. I checket the reading by setting the 21/2 to full opening and the ISO to 3200, thereby forcing the reading into the range visible in the viewfinder LCD. No matter what I metered at I got a reading in the 1/4 to 1/8 region. The average meter also gave too short exposure times, but it varied somewhat from picture to picture. The camera gives correct readings under normal lighting, I doubble checked it this morning.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Contact problems somewhere, or is the meter simply shot? I guess I could call this my daylight camera and use it as an excuse to get another OM-4T....

Thomas Bryhn