[OM] Finally got a Zuiko 300mm

Subject: [OM] Finally got a Zuiko 300mm
From: Rick <R.Adshead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:22:23 -0400
Hi list,

I have been shooting musicians and stage events for a few years and have
hemmed and hawed about getting a 300/4.5 for quite a while. I couldn't
justify it since I have a 80-200/2.8 (Tokina) which I love and an old
100-300/5.0 Vivitar which I tolerate at best.

Well I finally just went for it, and the first real test for this lens for
me was shooting the Rhythm & Roots music festival over the Labor Day
weekend. Boy.. I should have gotten this MUCH sooner. This is a great lens.
It handles nicely and seems to snap into focus easily (2-4 screen on OM-4).
It does NOT seem to suffer from the chromatic abberation that my 180/2.8 had
(has since been stolen). I also can handhold it fairly well for 1/250sec
shots. (see daylight samples)

Check out these samples. All the close-ups were done with the 300. Others
were with the 80-200 Tokina or the 35-80 Zuiko. Nite shots were with T-32 on
manual 1/60, F5.6. which provided was a good mixwith th Fujicolor Super 200

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2bh93/Rhythm_and_Roots/index.htm

By the way, I would appreciate feedback regarding how these images look to
persons viewing them on a PC, (offline). This is my first attempt at putting
images on a web site and I want to be sure that the contrast and gamma are
OK for PC's. I already have good feedback from browsers on Macs.

thanks,
Rick