Re: [OM] - Problems with OM-4Ti and Tamron lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] - Problems with OM-4Ti and Tamron lenses
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:33:35 +0200
With Tamron lenses, just make sure that the Adaptall-2 mount says 'OL' and
not 'for Olympus OM'. The fourth screw was moved in the 'OL' mount to allow
for the OM-4Ti's reset button (but check the mount; I have one 'OL' mount
with a 'bad' screw hole). Earlier mounts can be modified by filling in the
offending screw hole with epoxy and filing it flat.

As a matter of interest, the earlier Adaptall (1?) mount only has three
screws, and none of them are in the 'wrong' place; but the mount has no
depth-of-field button. I use one on a Tamron 350mm mirror lens, where you
can not use a depth-of-field button anyway....

Roger Key, Copenhagen

Hi all!

I'm just about to buy a champagne Om-4Ti Ex+++. Yep! This time it will be
mine!!!

I recall I heard on this list that the reset button found on the 4Ti's
bayonet can be damaged if the camera is used in conjunction with other
brand's lenses (Tamron, in particular).

This should be due to the Tamron's 4th screw found on the lens back, which
(when mounted) is placed right above the reset button.

Is this true (I mean: is it true that this in-famous screw should damage
the reset button?).

I hope I don't have to use my 90/2.5 macro on the OM2SP only! :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who could contribute

Ciao!

Fabio

Salve, il messaggio che hai ricevuto
è stato inviato per mezzo del sistema