[OM] OM2-N shutter is stuck

Subject: [OM] OM2-N shutter is stuck
From: Simon Gotlieb <simong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:58:20 +1200
Hi. My OM2-N has decided to jam up.

I've replaced the batteries (even though the mirror is down) and reset the little feller, but it's still unhappy.

I'm pretty sure it's to do with the self-timer or shutter.

When I set the self-timer, it runs, then at 10:00 it tries to pull down the shutter button, which comes down just a little bit, then nothing.

Meantime, the self-timer lever is at 10:00, with a whole load of slack until 12:00.

Does anyone have any ideas? I seem to recall this happening with my OM-1's self timer lever before, but I can't remember how I fixed it.

Thanks a lot.
--

Simon Gotlieb
Paparangi, Wellington