Re: [OM] ( OM ) One prime lens

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) One prime lens
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:05:00 +0200

Brian Swale schrieb:

Talking about primes vs zooms reminds me that it is about 6 weeks since Doro told us about the 85/2 that she so successfully sniped.

I wonder how she has found it - about time we had a report Doro ! <g>

Share the good news !!

oops -> sheer luck I read this posting, because I had too much work recently to do more than scan all the traffic here very superficially. But: I do like it a lot! I'm back into b&w, self-developed, because Scala got just too expensive, and I like that too (still won't start printing again, just takes so much time and the scanner is just so convenient). It most definitely is a very fine lens. The dent in the filter ring looks worse than it is, actually. I have no problem attaching a filter. Glas and the rest is totally clean. I'm just redoing my website, but if you don't mind having a look at the first two rolls (a private birthday party), results are to be seen on
www.doro-foto.de/drf/drfgalco
There are more pictures to come, but it takes time to build the site.

But.
I have to make another confession...
After visiting the photokina on thursday, seeing this poor Olydak Dummy standing there totally neglected by any advertising concept (even the girls near the E20s didn't know where it *was!!), I had a good look through the net ads for any OM3Ti or 4Ti, since I had only one body ;).
In Austria, there is one 3Ti, but 1200 € is just too much for my budget.
To make the long story short - in the end I sent a friend of mine to have a good look at one black 4Ti in the shop next to his door (but some 300 km away from me) and get it, if in good shape. Since he is a good customer there, he was being served immediately when hi entered the shop, got the 4Ti, and bought it for me. Which was good, because 30 seconds after him another guy entered the shop (I'd like to see that OM4Ti you advertised)...
So, my friend got it for 750 € and sais that it's NIB :))))
I must be crazy.
I did need it!
My canmpagne 4Ti did need a partner.
My bank account is like a vacuum now.
So I just hope it draws money :)
Share my joy - and stick to analog (well, a small Olympus digi is ok ;)).

cheers
:Doro