Re: [OM] madness! thinking of ditching an OM for a c@non?

Subject: Re: [OM] madness! thinking of ditching an OM for a c@non?
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:33:25 -0700
9/30/2002 12:12:02 AM, "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I think I would be inclined to make the manual setting option a priority
>too. Even if it meant getting as handheld meter as an accessory for the
>times I wanted one.

and i have a handheld meter (gossen scout 2; another generous listie you know
who you are!); got when my grandad's Exa got sent to me. but for the type of
shooting i have planned, meter or no isn't a big
deal. during the day, I can guesstimate exposure well enough, and for the main
low light candids, well, most meters would fail there anyway. as long as the
RF/VF is clean, i can focus in the dark. i have
much fun with digicams in that regard, just that the AF assist really annoys
me, and switchin that off means it cant focus at all (so i have to set af lock
on an average distance).