Re: [OM] Some questions about macro shooting

Subject: Re: [OM] Some questions about macro shooting
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:48:34 -0700 (PDT)
--- The Bobbs <thebobbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, I'm not opposed to spending some dollars (but
> not $300) to solve this.  This "dual body" solution
> had occurred to me, and now that I'm confirming I've
> got as few options as I feared, I can reconsider it.
>
> What would be "the" screen to have?  Is there a
> concensus on which one?

The best screen I have used when doing
macrophotography is the 1-10 screen. I originally got
it for my shift lens but now it's my standard screen
since the lines allow me to compose better while
focusing. This screen is all matte so there is no
trouble with a split scrren darkening. If you are used
to using a focusing aid like the split screen it is a
bit of a challenge to learn at first as well. With a
good macro lens images really snap into focus even
though the image may be quite dim at 1:1 and beyond.