Re: [OM] FS Tamron 90/2.8 Macro -

Subject: Re: [OM] FS Tamron 90/2.8 Macro -
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:47:10 -0500
Chris,

I came close to buying your 90/2.8 Tamron when you offered it to the list,
but resisted.  Today, with a wad of bills in my pocket from the darkroom
equipment that I disposed of at the camera show (sigh... haven't used it in
12 years), I faltered.  I got a "new" one with OM mount included for $275.
It is nice and light, but the charcoal metalflake finish looks out of place
on a black OM body.  Who cares though, if it makes good images?  Now to try
it out.

Silly, in a way.  I now have 50/3.5, 85/2, 100/2, 100/2.8 Zuikos and this
Tamron.  A lot of overlap in capability, at least on the surface.  But the
Tamron seems a good lens for flower and crawling/flying critter shooting.
Judith likes those pictures.  Thank goodness it uses 55 mm filters.

Regards,
Gary