Re: [OM] SPAM/SCAM Warning.

Subject: Re: [OM] SPAM/SCAM Warning.
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:45:30 -0600
At 03:24 PM 9/21/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi every one
>
>This email address of mine is used only for this list, I have
>receive an email claiming that I have just won $1,500,000.00
>in cash, with a heading of "AWARD NOTIFICATION".
>
>This is a 100cam, PLEASE, do not allow yourself to get
>sucked in by this, the SPAM/Scam is in relation to :-
>
>THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS,
>WERKEN BIJ DE LOTTO.

Yeah, already got it.  Amazingly, it's simply a variation on the African
overbilling scam, but I guess the other one's just not working well enough
anymore, and the perps have decided to move the "location" to something more
European (and therefore, supposedly, "safer.").  Amusingly, they're using the
"$22,500,000.00 U.S." sum elsewhere in this e-mail, which is the same amount
that keeps cropping up in the African scams.

Originality is not required, apparently.  ;-)

Garth