Re: [OM] The perfect chrome film

Subject: Re: [OM] The perfect chrome film
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:09:31 +1000 (EST)

  Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ISO 40 was suggested by people who wanted the sharpness and fine
grain of Velvia, but who did not care for the saturated colors. I
like the way Velvia looks most of the time and use ISO 50. If you
have a situation where you think things may become too saturated for
your taste, you could always dial in a 1/3 stop more exposure with
the compensation dial.

You should try a roll at each speed and see which you like better.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

There is also some that rate it at ISO 32 for super-saturation and compensating
in the processing stage.

I have yet to try it but would probably only do in saturated compatible
situations like landscapes and possibly abstracts. Ive not tried it as I rate
it at ISO 40 as I use it primarily for landscapes.

Does someone want to try rating it at ISO 32 and then cross - process (after
compensation)? Now that would be interesting........, only if is is possible.

Cheers all,

Damo