Re: [OM] query regarding list etiquette

Subject: Re: [OM] query regarding list etiquette
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:58:25 -0700
Mark:

I don't know if there are definitive rules, but the following traditions
seem to exist at the current time:

If you have some surplus gear that you own personally, and wish to sell,
that should be fine.  Sales should be primarily of Olympus equipment,
but I doubt anyone would object as long as the sale is
photography-related, such as scanners, bags, tripods, etc.

If you own a camera store, and have listing every week, that would
probably not be okay.

Offer items for sale to the list before listing on "Evil Bay".  Don't
promote your own auction listings on the list.

Typically, people try to put a fair price on the merchandise, and charge
a reasonable amount for shipping.  I offer people their money back (for
a reasonable period of time) if they decide they don't want the item,
after they have inspected it.

I don't know if there are other rules.  Rules! we don't want no stinkin'
rules!

Bill Stanke