Re: [OM] Om4Ti in UK £395 MXV Photographic (Sussex) Ltd

Subject: Re: [OM] Om4Ti in UK £395 MXV Photographic (Sussex) Ltd
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:10:29 +0200
Hi John,

For what it's worth, I have dealt with them a few times and I'd say that
the grading has been honest (at least on the items I bought), but you
should check their grading system. They use the term "Excellent" rather
lavishly IMO. Remember to count the + signs, they are important. "Exc"
without any plus signs will probably be well worn with some "brassing".
However everything I bought from them (several lenses plus various
odds and ends) has been working. The worst looking item was 250 back
rated as SOR (sale or return, the lowest grade), which was pretty ugly
and needed a little work to get working properly. The best was a 85mm/F2
Zuiko rated Exc++ or Exc+++, which was practically mint.

All in all I have been happy with my dealings with them. The price level
is European, a bit high compared to US prices.

Lars