[OM] I Touched Merlins and Griffons Today!

Subject: [OM] I Touched Merlins and Griffons Today!
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:00:32 EDT
He was doing 226 MPH when it blew over.  Somebody said it sounded like a B-17
with all four engines at full power going by.  He got a little skinned up
from it, but was otherwise O.K. -- a miracle.  I remember it.  I was at U.W.
that summer ('79).  His luck ran out in Tri-Cities in '82.  Third blowover,
in the hull that's in the museum now.  Feels strange to actually see it, let
alone touch it.

I'm going back to the museum in the morning with the XA... :-)

And then I found a site where some OBVIOUSLY CRAZY Aussie put a MERLIN... in
a motocycle!!!  What ARE you Aussies drinking "down under"?

Rich