Re: [OM] Pen F to OM adadpter

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen F to OM adadpter
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:23:13 +0200
"Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Are you referring to the inability of the Leica to pen F adapter to
>focus to infinity ?  I have never had any problem of this nature with my
>OM to pen F on my pen FT.

No, it's about the OM to Pen-F adapter. I think it's a matter of
manufacturing tolerances, so some units (like yours) work OK, and some
other (like the one used in
<http://homepage1.nifty.com/olympuspen/lenstest/test09.htm>) have problems.

On the other hand, using a larger format lens with an adapter may result in
a loss of contrast because of internal reflections of the "wasted" image
area. It seems to show in the pictures on the aforementioned URL.

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<cjsantis@xxxxxxxx>