[OM] An (OT) Noise vs. Poetry (was OM Weekend)

Subject: [OM] An (OT) Noise vs. Poetry (was OM Weekend)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:24:03 EDT
The KC-130 tanker with 4 unbaffled engines was the most painful noise I have
ever been around with regards to jet noise.

Complete contrast to the sweet mechanical poetry of a Rolls Royce Griffon or
Packard Merlin, which are dear to us here in hydroplane country (they've gone
turbines now, sadly).

My computer boots Windoze to the sound of a hot Merlin flyby!  Go to
Google.com and do a "P51 Mustang Griffon Merlin .wav" search for sound files
to download.  There are also radial engine .wav files, such as Corsair, as
well.  But for me, the V-12 is sweet music.  :-)

Rich