Re: [OM] Handholding 200/4

Subject: Re: [OM] Handholding 200/4
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:26:51 -0500
Crowding camera/lens, hand, wrist, shoulder and head against any post, pole, rail or wall corner edge buffered with a hat, glove etc might help. As a sweater, jacket, or hat over a wall, ledge or other horizontal surface.

Perseverence in developing technique ought to yield some good results when handholding long lenses or shooting in low light etc. Make that camera float - and squeeeeeeeeeze the shutter. Holding too tight will increase the shakes - moderate grip is steadier (use strap or wrist strap/cord for security). Shutter release timed during a normal-breathing "pause" will help too.

Cheers,
Lee