RE: [OM] Monopod technique [was: portrait vs landscape]

Subject: RE: [OM] Monopod technique [was: portrait vs landscape]
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:58:55 -0600
> The 200/4 seems to be the lens in the OM line up that needs to be
> fastened to an anvil.
> Take a look at Gary Reese's web site and his adventures with the
> 200/4 with not only a tripod but an auxiliary telephoto support.

 I'm actually using the 65-200 at 200, but either way, I can still detect
wobble just by looking through the viewfinder and watching the image move
around; it moves pretty much as much when I have the camera on a monopod as
when I handhold it. I tried shooting in case I was misleading myself as to
how wobbly I actually am (because then I can keep things locked in place
more by pressing down on the whole thing as I press the shutter release) but
it doesn't seem to help.

 I should try some more shots with other lenses, though, you're right --
I've got a spool of HP5 in a film loader exactly for this sort of testing
where I just want to shoot less than 24 shots at once.

 -- dan