[OM] Re: KEH "Bargain" lens

Subject: [OM] Re: KEH "Bargain" lens
From: kquarles@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:24:16 +0000
Aaron Ginn wrote:
>Has anyone purchased a "bargain" rated lens from KEH?
>If so, in what
>condition was the lens?  Would you do it again?
>There's a cheap ($79) 135mm
>f/2.8 that I'm interested in, but I'm a little leery
>about getting that much
>lens for so little.

I bought a Zuiko 80mm f4 Auto Macro from KEH in Bargain
condition and was more than pleased.  I'm sure most eBay
sellers would have rated the lens Excellent+.  It had
only the normal minimal wear cosmetically.  I think the
factor that caused them to rate it as "Bargain" was a
very faint light mark in the coating on the very outside
of the front element.  I didn't see it at all until I
looked closely through a loupe.  I wouldn't hesitate to
buy a Bargain lens from them again as long as I wanted
to actually use it and not just look at the "pretty
lens."  (Although to be honest, I have paid a premium
for photographic equipment primarily because it was
beautiful.  That's the only way to justify the price I
paid for my Leica M6TTL Black Paint LHSA Edition!)

---
Keith Quarles
kquarles@xxxxxxx