Subject: Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors

Subject: Subject: Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:06:09 EDT
I would suggest trying some of the more subtle professional C41 films (Kodak
160NC or Fuji NPH specifically) and have them done by a rated Kodak or Fuji
lab respectively. If you're willing to give slides a shot, I'd try Fuji Astia
(or Senisa 100 II, which is supposed to equal Astia) on a sunny day with
diffuse lighting or Kodak 100SW on an overcast day.

Also, consider clipping the flowers, bringing them inside, setting them in a
water filled vase by the widow for a classic still life shot. Then shoot with
your tripod, the above films and possibly a sheet of white board to fill
remaining shadows.

Alex

bsandyman@xxxxxxx said:

I have been taking pictures of this bright yellow flower
now for months. I have been dissatisfied so far partly
because the thing that draws my attention to these things
is the very slightly orange portion of the petal. I have
so far failed to capture this aspect of the flower. Here
are some pictures to show what I mean.