RE: [OM] [OT] Software for website development; Also Paris...

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Software for website development; Also Paris...
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald.macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:16:18 +0100
Late as usual.

My pages are hand-coded, I learned this by suck-it-and-see. A couple of
years ago I bought 'Learn HTML in a Weekend', and found it very useful.

I used to do the web pages at the last place I worked, and for tables I used
FrontPage Express, but then snipped the code mercilessly. Since buying the
book I have been cheerfully coding tables and so on with no problem.

An added benefit of the book is its listing of special character codes and
some colours.

Paris, ah, Paris. Three pages of not very good photos in the Us - Holidays
section of my website are devoted to Paris. I prefer the Musee d'Orsay to
the Louvre, but it is a nice building. Go up the Arc de Triomphe. Visit
Sacre Coeur. You get a nice view from the top of the Pompidou Centre, and
the Stravinsky fountain has possibilities. If you have time to go to
Invalides, start at the top with the dioramas and work your way down... Sit
in a cafe anywhere, and watch the people. I like sitting in the Parc
Monceau.
Go up the Eiffel Tower, but also take time to look at it from below. Visit
Liberty at the Pont de Grenelle. Use the Metro, it's great.

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald, BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk

---