[OM] SAKAR 80-200 3.5 (Need info)

Subject: [OM] SAKAR 80-200 3.5 (Need info)
From: "Angel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:10:08 +0200
Hello all.

I have purchase recently this SAKAR zoom and I need some information about it,
if somebody knows this beautyfuly made lens. (Only $ 50).

Number of elements/groups ?
Year of construction (aprox.) ?
Original maker ?
Some quality perform. opinion ?

Here are some details of the lens :

- " SAKAR  MC  ZOOM " .
- f = 80 - 200 mm.
- 3.5 (fix) - 22.
- Ser. nº  80xxxx.
- Filter size = 62 mm.
- Weight aprox: 900 - 1000 grs.
- Dim: 70 x 176 mms.
- Shade built in.
- Two touch system.
- Trip. mount.
- Foc.L. engrav: 80-100-135-160-200.
- Min. foc.: 1.7 m (1.8 m engrav.).

I know some lenses (Viv., Tok., etc) say the year of construction with the
first of the serial number, but I don´t think this lens was made on 1980
because his excellent quality and modern design.

Watching the Rob. Monaghan web site concerning the Third Party lenses I can not
found this lens. (Even some one similar, only 80-200 3.5 One Touch or macro
lenses).

I´ll do some tests of the lens vs some Zuiko lenses on a few days.

Thanks in advance.

Ángel Lobo.
CUENCA  (Spain ).