Re: [OM] screws

Subject: Re: [OM] screws
From: derek fong <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:55:53 -0400
On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 07:36 PM, Dan Lau wrote:

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:19, derek fong <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think I'm guilty of starting this whole screw thread because I was
the one who asked about the stuck motor drive cap. :-/ As I mentioned
in a message earlier today, in the end, I got the screws off with a
1.5mm flathead screwdriver. No crosspoint, so star-shaped head, just a plain old flathead. The screws don't look any worse for the wear and I
didn't have to do any research on crosspoint screws!  =)

Yes, but did you manage to get the motor-drive cap off?  And
can you tell us what was keeping it on so tight that nothing
could free it from the outside.  Sorry I don't recall your
earlier post today if you already explained.

Well, it turns out there was some black paint that was "blocking" the cap from turning on the inside of the base plate, so I scratched some of it off (only on the inside, not on the outside) and I also lifted the little tabs a bit so there would be less tension against the casing (I used a slightly larger flathead, no less =) Both measures seemed to do the trick because I am now able to easily remove the cap using a $2 Canadian coin. Once I got the bottom off, easing the cap off was pretty simple and straightforward once I knew what I was looking at.

-f

--
Derek Fong
Web Application Developer

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce