Re: [OM] Quick Auto 310 flash vs. T-series flashes, motor drive caps, e

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Auto 310 flash vs. T-series flashes, motor drive caps, etc.
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:18:13 -0500
derek fong wrote:

> Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Quick Auto 310
> flash and a T-series flash like the T-20 or T-32?

Entirely different circuitry -- the T-series flashes are much more
reliable, plus you can "gang" up to nine T-flashes, all running OTF at once
on one camera.

I wouldn't pay much for a QA-310 if you do decide to get one -- they are so
old, the plastic is certainly brittle, and the shoes are no longer
available -- if the shoe breaks, you're flash is toast.  And the main caps
are known to fail.  Turn one on and let it charge for 5-10 minutes without
firing -- if it makes a loud "pop", don't buy it.