[OM] Costco one-hour photofinishing

Subject: [OM] Costco one-hour photofinishing
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 05:34:19 -0700
"Try Costco in Federal Way, there is a lady there (I can't remember her
name) who is reasonably sharp, and they will tell you when you drop the film
off if it's going to take longer than one hour. They also keep their
machines in good
repair and seem to take care with your negs."

My experience with Costco is that the people running their one-hour photo
departments consistently try to maintain the quality of the photofinishing.
When I have a complaint, it gets listened to, and almost always
satisfactorily resolved. On several occasions I've asked technical questions
and gotten more information than I expected.

There is, of course, store-to-store variation. Linda at South Center is very
nice, but her technical knowledge seems a bit limited -- but she always
bends over backward to make me happy. There used to be a guy at the Kirkland
store who printed my negatives _exactly_ the way I would have. He's not
there any more, though.

Costco charges $7 to develop and print a 36-exposure roll. 6x9 enlargements
are 99 cents. I consider Costco photofinishing to be (generally) of very
high quality, at its best comparable to custom work. It's definitely a Best
Buy.