[OM] The 200/4 made it.

Subject: [OM] The 200/4 made it.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:17:07 -0700 (PDT)
To all those wondering about my backpacking kit for a week on
Isle Royale.

Yes, the 200/4 made it.  After loading everything up in the
backpack I still had a few pounds of capacity left.  My food
weight came almost two pounds under original estimates (creative
shopping and repackaging) and thanks to silk underwear I was
able to save weight there. <g>

So, see, this discussion of silk undies paid off!

Anyway, my backpacking kit consists of:
OM-2S (Provia F), OM-4 (Delta 100), XA (Delta 400)
Tripod and Monopod
24/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/3.5, 100/2.8, 200/4, extension tubes
8 rolls Provia F, 10 rolls Delta 100, 10 rolls Delta 400
Fishing vest which is my normal hiking camera bag.

Soo, I made the weight limit AND have my cake (cameras) and am
eating it too (film).

Total pack weight is in the 36-38 pound range.  I'm 6'4", 220
pounds, so that is about right for me.  I'm just hoping that the
pack holds together--it's starting to show its age/use.  Packing
plenty of ducttape, just in case.

My wife and I worked for an hour or two last night packing the
food items.  She zip-lock baggied stuff while I was calculating
total caloric intakes.  I've got a gallon baggy filled with
snack baggies with everything for each day.  Doesn't matter
which bag I grab, they are all within 50 calories of each other.
 Only "luxury food item" is a bag of sunflower seeds--backpacker
popcorn.

Everybody better stay on your best behavior while I'm away.  No
SUV wars (Jeeps rule the world), OS battles (NeXT beats them
all), underwear skirmishes (optional) or Digital/Film diatribes
(hey, look at all these round, shiny thingies in grampa's
attic--wonder what they are, oh well, let's just toss them).

Oops, forgot a book--there goes the weight limit.

AG-Schnozz