[OM] Northshore (Was Maui/Haleakala Advice)

Subject: [OM] Northshore (Was Maui/Haleakala Advice)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 04:05:33 EDT
Gary wrote:
>I'm glad this thread came up.  Reminds me to be careful when we go over in
>October.  we'll be staying up on the North Shore.  But since my wife will be
>addressing a bunch of lawyers, I may be more frightened by the people that
>we are with than the locals. . .

MOST kamaainas are truly nice, friendly people, and there really IS a spirit
of aloha.  Just don't leave your common sense behind.  Remember, Honolulu is
just a short drive over the pali -- you put half a million people together,
there's a certain amount of crime goes with it, even in paradise.

I wouldn't wander out on a lonely beach at night alone, unless I were in a
pretty good size group of people.  Other than that, I would just exercise the
same every day caution I do anywhere else, and wouldn't worry a bit.

But lawyers?  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Rich