Re: [OM] cross point screws follow up

Subject: Re: [OM] cross point screws follow up
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:52, Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Quick scan.
>http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/crosspoint.JPG

>The black tip is a MIJ #1 cross point, the silver tip is a #0 philips.
>The philips appears to my eye to come to a sharper point and the angle
>more acute.

Thanks for the quick scan.  But due to the difficulty in
seeing the black tip clearly against the dark background,
they look identical to my untrained eyes.  In fact, I see
a sharper point with the black tip (the cross point)
compared to the silver tip (the Phillips).  I am still
wondering, is there any REAL difference?  My set of screw
drivers, even though it has an American company name on it,
does say "Made in Japan"; and there is no identification of
"Phillips" or "cross-point" anywhere, just #0, #1, etc.  So
now I am wondering if they are actually cross-point instead
of Phillips -- but then, who cares if the tip fits the screw?
        -Dan