Re: [OM] Honduras?

Subject: Re: [OM] Honduras?
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:52:56 -0700
> > This is a well-traveled bunch.  Anybody have experience in Honduras?  I have
> > friends who are promoting a trip there in the spring.  I can't figure out
> > why
> > when Costa Rica is easier to get to and has a number of other advantages.
> >
> > Gary Edwards

I think your friends will find Honduras as interesting as Costa Rica and
a fair bit cheaper and less touristy. It lacks the massive tourist
infrastructure of CR, which may or may not appeal. The big attractions
are ruinas at Copan and diving in the Bay Islands. San Pedro Sula is a
distasteful place IMHO and take care if going east to the Mosquito
coast. Personally given enough time I wouldn't limit myself to Honduras
but would make a circuit including eastern Guatemala and perhaps Belize.
Easily done as the distances aren't great. Without more info I can only
say buy the Footprint guide and read. I'd be happy to answer questions.
OM content: I have some photos of that area taken with the trusty OM1,
28/3.5, 50/3.5 135/3.5 combo that was my basic travel kit for years.
Maybe I'll go scan a couple.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West