[OM] Cooler lenses (was: Help! How do I shoot a wedding?)

Subject: [OM] Cooler lenses (was: Help! How do I shoot a wedding?)
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:25:40 GMT
Cc:
>I did some further experimenting with Portra VC (instead of
>my normal NC) and have converted over to it for wedding and
>portrait work.  Seems that my dull, lifeless, single-coated
>lenses needed the increased horsepower of VC.

A.G., your posts are anything but dull and lifeless.

But this is interesting.  Both rec.photo.equipment.35mm and
rec.photo.film+labs tend to be populated with Nikon and Canon
users.  They recommend Portra NC.  But here, a recommendation
for Portra VC is clearly heard.  Could it be that Olympus
lenses are cooler than lenses of Nikon and Canon, therefore
Portra VC is a better application?  I have never used Nikon or
Canon lenses, so I have no experience with this.

Pete