[OM] mirror swing dampening in OM4

Subject: [OM] mirror swing dampening in OM4
From: Thomas Müller <thomu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:03:56 +0200
Dear all,

I recently purchased a OM4 and had it cleaned and adjusted by the
OM-doktor (he did a nice job for a moderate price).

Shooting some roles of film with it, I noticed a quite remarkable
vibration (much stronger and lowder than with my newer OM4Ti) which
probably comes from the mirror. I was wondering whether there is some
mirror dampening device in these cameras which can wear out. Anybody
knows? Anything which should or could be done?

Thanks, Thomas