Re: [OM] Matt's meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Matt's meter
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:47:51 -0600
Hi Bill.

Thanks for the kind words,

bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The meter Matt is offering is a flash and/or ambient meter,
> and is, in my opinion, the next best thing to the current model.

LOL! Picture this: I took the meter to a camera shop in SLC called Howell's.
I've heard that this shop is a bit of a rip off but they are close to my
house so I go anyways to get an idea what the meter might be worth.  The guy
in the camera shop tells me that this is "ONLY a flash meter and not very
good".

I said, "Don't all meters have to measure light?" and "Wouldn't one that
measure light from complicated flash set ups need to be MORE accurate that a
regular light meter?" Of course he told me that the other meters were better
and this one was "not very good" and then said I could pick a lens from a
beat up box of beat up lenses and he would trade for that. I told him
"goodbye".

It amazes me that some business people think it's "good business" to try and
rip off there customers. If he had of dealt with me straight then I would
have been a customer for life. Instead I'll gladly drive 30 blocks out of my
way to avoid giving him any of my money.

> The price he has set is very close to a fang.

Now I'm blushing.

> No connection to Matt, Minolta, or Salt Lake City. I do like salt on some
> food, however.

Thanks dad... Err, I mean Bill - who I don't know?

> Bill Pearce

 - Matt Crawley