[OM] Nikon Scanner or OM problem ?

Subject: [OM] Nikon Scanner or OM problem ?
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:11:47 +0100
At 13:46 14/08/2002 +0000, CH Ling wrote:
Now I also found my LS4000 has some bug, with color negative and auto
film strap feeder, the light color sky (vertical shoot) sometimes (may
be over 50%) shown a darken banding at the edge, don't know why. May
be caused by the LED sensor light leaks. Anyone has a LS4000 found the
same?

Are you sure this is the scanner ? I have had the problem on an OM2n where a misadjusted shutter left darker bands (this is on slide film = lighter bands on negative images) at each of the short edges of the frame. It was clearly visible on images taken at 1/1000 with a plain patch of colour to show it up. Got progressively less so as speed was reduced to 1/60. CLA fixed it.

If you shoot a plain white piece of paper at 1/1000, 1/500, 1/250 ... the problem will show up plainly if it is there.

I have never experienced any problems like this (though I have had others) with the film feeder on my LS30.

Mike Bloor