Re: [OM] loose rubber focus grip

Subject: Re: [OM] loose rubber focus grip
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:23:45 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, John Hermanson wrote:

> Use brown rubber cement.  Some have had good results with double stick tape.

<SNIP>

> What do i use to glue the rubber focusing grip back on a lens barrel? Is
> this a job for the recently much discussed Pliobond?

I had one lens (I am not saying which, since I will be lynched, but it
doesn't mount on an OM) with a slippy rubber problem. It was solved by
gently prying the rubber off, applying 3 of the wide rubber-bands (you
know, the mailman uses them) side by side on the lens and then sliding the
rubber back on. In my case I was lucky: the rubber of the lens was exactly
3 rubber-bands wide.

I have a strong fear of anything glue-like near my lenses (recurring
nightmares of glue sipping in on the elements, on the apeture
mechanism etc), so the rubber-band solution worked like a charm: I can
focus my lens and I did not have to confront my fobia :)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx