[OM] Ciao for now

Subject: [OM] Ciao for now
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 22:40:25 -0500
Hey all,
I'm off on a little vacation to NE Iowa, known locally as "Little Switzerland" because of the hilly country that escaped the ravages of glaciers once upon a time. The New and Different Thing about this trip is that I will be dragging my mom and dad's 1966 Airstream Overlander behind their 1987 GMC van and setting up in a campground NW of Decorah across from a landmark bluff known as Chimney Rock. I am convinced there is a "Chimney Rock" in every state in the USA, but I have yet to see the one in my own. Barring road problems I will soon remedy that.

We'll be canoeing the Upper Iowa river and visiting some caves in the area. I don't expect to do any shooting in the caves and I'm not really counting on doing much shooting at all but concentrating instead on the family activities. I'm going to take a minimalist kit:

beater black OM-1
beater SC 24/2.8
SC 50/1.8
beautiful SC 100/2.8
Viv macro-focusing doubler

I'll probably shoot Provia F, if I get to shoot at all. I'm hoping to scout the area for a fall color tour as well. I expect baseball glove and/or football will get more use than camera gear.

Going off list in a day or two. Best wishes to all. Light a candle for that GMC van!

Joel W.