Re: [OM] ( OM ) Alcohols and sundry things

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Alcohols and sundry things
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:24:25 -0700
-snip

I realised recently that my only pet hate with OM gear is the stiff dark
pseudo-leather plastic camera straps. They are stiff, and get
stiffer with age.
Thus they snag onto anything they pass by, because they are always
holding themselves out stiffly. I realised that OM has alternatives when I got
my OM4Ti which has a synthetic black woven cloth strap (& Olympus in
Blue) which is great to use.

Get a strap made by Domke. They are wonderful. Not much bigger than
the Oly synthetic, but made from natural cotton, thickly woven braid
with rubber threads woven on the inside for grip.  Very good lug
protection. I never went back to the OM4T strap. (Well, it is on my
old OM1N which I don't carry that often)

I also did a temporary fix to the 4th screw (that will cut the lens
recognition
button on an OM4T) on my Samyang 18-28.  I unscrewed the offending
screw just enough to get it flush with the mounting ring surface. However, the
machined screw-head slots are themselves as sharp as the edges of the
offending screw-hole, so I really have to glue a plastic patch in there. Those
slots will also cut the plastic of the OM4T lens detection button.

Brian

A lot of people just fill the hole with epoxy and smooth it with a nail file.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?