[OM] MR-9 Differences (was "PX625 Hg replacement")

Subject: [OM] MR-9 Differences (was "PX625 Hg replacement")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:52:03 -0500
At 11:39 AM 8/5/2002 -0500, John Lind you wrote in part:
Both of mine use SR44W/357 cells and they have a decidedly "non-glossy" metal finish. I don't think the finish will serve as a descriminator. There is a distinct size difference in the diameters of #357 and #386 cells, 1.2 millimeters (they are the same height). If the adapter can be compared to each type of cell, even if the cell is in a bubble pack, it should become obvious which one it is made for.

I just wish that your last statement were so. My two MR-9's, made for different batteries, are exactly the same size and a 357-sized battery fits in either. The only difference is one is polished and the other brushed metal. The brushed metal one I know for certain takes the SR43/386.

Joel W.