[OM] [OT] For sale: Vivitar 70-150 f3.8 with matched 2X

Subject: [OM] [OT] For sale: Vivitar 70-150 f3.8 with matched 2X
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 09:30:42 -0400
After years of collecting this, that and the other I have decided it's
finally time to sell a few things.  It's also an experiment in setting
up a very simple web site and posting jpeg's.  I'll probably be offering
some more things in the coming weeks as time is available.

First on the block is my first zoom lens, a Vivitar 70-150 f3.8 with
matched 2X multiplier.  I've owned the lens for many years.  The 2X is
in nearly new condition and was recently acquired in a kit buy.  I have
no less than four 70-150 lenses which is just too much.  I'm selling
this one since I prefer a single-touch zoom.  Optical performance is
very good.  Compares well with my 135 f3.5 Zuiko at 105 and 150mm.  The
85mm f/2 Zuiko beats it at 70mm but not by much.

For the moment, I only plan to sell them as a pair.  Lens is 2-touch
zoom with 1:4 close-focus capability.  Multi-coated, has built-in hood.
Comes with original lens instruction manual, generic front 52mm cap for
the lens and generic body cap for the 2X.  Sorry, no rear caps
available.  Lens is 4.5" long and weighs 20 oz.  2X is 1.6" long and
weighs 7 oz.  They're not lightweights... lots of glass and metal.

Price USD 40.00 plus actual shipping cost.  Unconditional 30-day
guarantee if you pay return shipping.

You can find photos at my website below.  Caution, slow modem owners;
the photos are 65-75 KB each.  Start with the montage which has a number
of small images.

http://home.attbi.com/~chucknorcutt/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA