[OM] Beljan replacement MD covers

Subject: [OM] Beljan replacement MD covers
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 23:42:08 -0400
I just picked up a couple of OM1/2 Motor Drive covers newly made by
Beljan.  In my opinion they are distinguishable from the originals -
they are better, although I am comparing a new item to ones that has
been in use for 20 or 30 years.  The chrome is in better condition,
the tension springs springier, and the stamping edges on the inside
of the cover are sharper and cleaner.

I got them via an *Bay Dutch auction.  One thing that surprised me was
the fact that only three or four caps were sold in the auction.
>From prior discussions on this list, I got the impression that there
was a big latent demand for MD covers.  Has the demand been sated
already by prior auctions, or are people buying them direct from Beljan
without going thru *Bay?