[OM] Re: 1.55 volt batteries - alternate names

Subject: [OM] Re: 1.55 volt batteries - alternate names
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 23:23:51 -0400
Recent postings discussing batteries and the MR-9 adapter list several
slightly different types - 301, 386, 357 and EXP76

The last couple of times I have gotten batteries, both Energizer and
Duracell, the packages have been marked 303/357 in big print, with the
batteries marked 357.  What is a 303 supposed to be?   The Energizer
package is also marked LR44 and SR44W.  The Duracell package is also
marked SR44, SR47, A and J.  I believe that "A" and "J" are Timex
designations for watch batteries.

BTW, the Energizers cost about $2.50 each at my local supermarket
(Stop & Shop in New England, USA).  S76es cost a dollar more.
Home Depot has the Duracells.