[OM] om gear on safari

Subject: [OM] om gear on safari
From: Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:44:55 +0100
Sorry to brag but I've just come back from 2 weeks in Kenya and Tanzania. Lions, leopards, elephants, cheetas, mongoose, 316 different birds, a lovely dutch girl for late night drinking....... heaven.

My kit was:
4Ti
3
21/3.5
35-80
80-200/2.8 Tamron
300/2.8 Tamron + 1.4A
30+ rolls provia

I was using the two tamrons for the first time "for reaL" and having just seen some of the results, I am extremely impressed. The 1.4 converter was very very useful, and the bodies were totally reliable. I also used the 21 far more than I thought I would The4 vast majority of other travellers seemed to be EOS freaks, but I was proud to be shooting with my OM gear. Will be able to compare propely with eos results when I see my fathers pics.

Pete, very much on a high
Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Molecular Pathogenesis
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305