RE: [OM] eb*y lens

Subject: RE: [OM] eb*y lens
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:19:48 +0100
Ian wrote:

> Has anybody any experience of buying from the USA and importing back to
> the
> UK? Any problems I need to be aware of before bidding?

You need to be aware that you will have to pay postage, import duty, VAT,
and a handling charge from the carrier.  As a rough guide, expect the total
to be the same number of pounds sterling as the purchase price in US$ - if
your winning bid is $100 you should expect to end up paying around £100.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)