[OM] Some Olympus Items For Sale

Subject: [OM] Some Olympus Items For Sale
From: "Keith Quarles" <kquarles@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:27:32 -0400
After a recent accumulation period, I need to prune a few items from
my collection.  The following items are for sale.  The prices indicated
include shipping.  Contact me off-list if you're interested.

OM-2000 Body with 35-70mm f3.5-4.8 Lens   ---   $225
This is a complete kit including a case with the original box and manual.
Only a couple of fine scratches on the bottom keep the body from being
mint, and the lens is perfect.  This is a fine lightweight kit.  I couldn't
believe how light the lens is.  And although it's not the greatest Zuiko
lens, it's not a bad performer.  The body looks really nice with its
somewhat
bronze color.  And it gets you an OM platform with spot metering, 1/125
flash
sync, and a 1/2000 top speed.

Zuiko OM 28mm f2   ---   $200
First the bad news: something slightly mangled the filter ring and left a
mark on the front ID ring just above the "28mm" marking.  However, a filter
will still screw in. The rest of the cosmetics are really nice.  The good
news
is that the glass is really mint.  I got out the loupe and couldn't find a
thing to focus on.  Besides being great optically, the 28/2 has the great
advantage of taking 49mm filters.  I'm only selling this one because I got
the
chance to pick one up that had mint glass AND mint cosmetics.  Includes
front
and rear generic caps.

Zuiko OM 35mm f2.8   ---   $65
Excellent+ cosmetics and perfect glass.  I'm a little torn about letting
this one go, but I decided to keep just the f2 version in this focal length,
even though it's not as compact as this 2.8.  Includes front and rear
Olympus caps.

Zuiko OM 24mm f2.8   ---   $125
Cosmetically, the only problem is some wear on the aperture ring.  The glass
is clear and scratch-free, but there is one odd problem.  There are a lot of
tiny white dots on what appears to be the flat backside of the 2nd element.
It might also possibly be on the metal rather than the glass.  Anyway, the
dots
are not in the optical path and I've take nice shots with this lens, so I'm
pretty sure it doesn't degrade the optics at all.  Again, I'm letting this
one
go in favor of the 24/2.  Includes front and rear Olympus caps and, as a
special
bonus, includes the Olympus metal lens shade.

---
Keith Quarles
kquarles@xxxxxxx